ISA undertakes four key activities
1. Develop 20-Year State Infrastructure Strategies that set the long-term vision for South Australia’s infrastructure.
- First Strategy delivered May 2020.
- To be updated every five years at a minimum.
2. Develop annual Capital Intentions Statements (CIS) that prioritise potential major projects for government decisions.
- First CIS delivered May 2020.
- Each to encompass a five-year time frame.
3. Undertake project assurance to provide confidence to government in its investment decisions.
- Oversight of all projects with a capital value of $50 million and over.
4. Provide independent advice to the Premier on specific issues relating to infrastructure planning, delivery and use.
- Advice on appropriate funding and financing models.
- Includes Mount Barker Mass Transit study undertaken in late 2021.
For our purposes, infrastructure is defined as the physical assets and structures that enable the services necessary to sustain or enhance the economy and liveability of South Australia.
Infrastructure is being examined from a broad perspective, including the following sectors:
- Culture, Sports & Tourism
It is also considered as an economic enabler for key industries like advanced manufacturing, agriculture, defense and resources, as well as broad environmental management.