ISA is undertaking four key activities
1. Development of a 20-Year State Infrastructure Strategy that will set the long-term vision for South Australia’s infrastructure.
- Delivered early 2020.
- To be renewed every 5 years.
2. Development of an annual Capital Intentions Statement that will prioritise potential major projects for government decisions.
- Delivered early 2020, then annually thereafter.
- Encompasses a 5-year timeframe.
3. Development of a project assurance framework and undertake project evaluation.
- Oversight of all projects with a capital value of $50 million and over.
4. Provision of specialist advice to the Premier on infrastructure planning, delivery and use.
- Includes advice on appropriate funding and financing models.
For our purposes, infrastructure is defined as the physical assets and structures that enable the services necessary to sustain or enhance the economy and liveability of South Australia.
Infrastructure is being examined from a broad perspective, including the following:
- Culture, Sports & Tourism
- As an economic enabler for key industries like Advanced Manufacturing, Agriculture, Defence and Resources, as well as broader environmental management.