Northern Connector Project
- View the multimedia animation
- Have your say - provide feedback to the project
- Northern Connector Project Article on the NRM website
A dedicated ‘Employment Development Team’ has been established to work closely with the Northern Connector Jobs Taskforce to maximise opportunities for local workers.
Please visit www.northhub.sa.gov.au for more information.
On Monday 14 September 2015, the Australian and South Australian Governments announced a joint funding allocation of $985 million to deliver the Northern Connector (road only) as part of the 78 kilometre North-South Corridor, with the Australian and South Australian Governments each contributing $788 million and $197 million respectively.
The new non-stop motorway connecting the already completed Northern Expressway and South Road Superway links, will provide an unimpeded journey from Gawler to Regency Park; a total of 43 kilometres.
The project scope will include:
- 15.5 kilometre motorway standard road connecting the Northern Expressway and Port Wakefield Road to the Port River Expressway and South Road Superway
- four road interchanges
- three lanes in each direction, posted speed of 110 kmph
- 16 kilometre path for cyclists and pedestrians.
The new motorway is expected to significantly improve freight access to the Port of Adelaide and the industrial areas of Adelaide’s north and northwest, improved road safety and efficiency, reduction in travel times for commuters travelling to and from the northern suburbs and better serve the industrial and commercial sectors along Port Wakefield Road, with the myriad of businesses along Port Wakefield Road benefiting from improved traffic flow as well.
If you would like more information about this project, please email DPTI.NorthernConnector@sa.gov.au
or call 1300 916 221.