Gawler East local link road
In the 2015-16 Budget, the State Government announced $55 million for the construction of the Gawler East Link Road between 2016-17 and 2018-19.
This project involves the construction of essential transport infrastructure to support planned residential development in the Gawler East urban growth area, as identified in the 30-Year Plan for Greater Adelaide and the Gawler Growth Areas Transport Framework 2009 .
The works will occur between 2016-17 and 2018-19 and will involve:
- construction of the Gawler East Link Road, a 2.8km long local road linking Potts Road with the Springwood development, including a bridge over the South Para River;
- upgrade of the Main North Road, Potts Road and Para Road intersection; and
- a contribution to the upgrade of Potts Road and the Potts Road/Gawler East Link Road intersection.
The Gawler East Link Road will provide local traffic with direct access to Main North Road without travelling through the Gawler town centre, reducing travel times, reducing the likelihood of crashes and cutting the vehicle emissions caused by travel delays.
The project will provide economic and social benefits for Town of Gawler residents and support around 110 local construction industry jobs over the life of the project.
DPTI is currently in discussions with the Town of Gawler regarding the final alignment of the road and associated matters raised by the Council.
DPTI will be undertaking final design of the Link Road, obtain relevant design approvals and prepare tender documents for the Link Road as a priority to meet the project timelines.
Community consultation of Plans of the local link road took place in Feb 2013.
To view the public display material please click here.
To view supporting technical documents please see below:
- Gawler East Link Road - Fauna report by KBR (20612 kb)
- Fauna Report by EBS (3563 kb)
- Gawler East Link Road - Southern Section Traffic Noise Assessment (2143 kb)
- Gawler East Link Road - Northern Section Traffic Noise Assessment (3925 kb)
- Gawler East Link Road - Water Quality Risk Assessment (4917 kb)
- Gawler East Link Road - Assessment of Existing Detention Basin RevA received 5 October 2012 (2878 kb)
- Gawler East Link Road - Pavement Design RevC received 5 October_2012 (1526 kb)
- Gawler East Link Road - Geotechnical report April 2012 (19275 kb)
- Gawler East Link Road - Safety Barrier Assessment (871 kb)
- Gawler East - Environment - Aboriginal Heritage - Kaurna Cultural Heritage Assessment (8160 kb)
- Draft Vegetation Survey Summary (642 kb)
For more information contact the Community Engagement Team:
Telephone: 1300 794 880