Gawler East Link Road
About the project
In the 2015-16 Budget, the State Government announced $55 million for the construction of the Gawler East Link Road (GELR) Project.
The GELR Project includes:
- The Gawler East Link Road, which extends between Potts Road and Calton Road, Gawler East and includes a bridge over the South Para River.
- A signalised upgrade of the Main North Road intersection with Potts Road and Para Road and Para Road to safely cater for the increase in traffic generated from the future property development entering the road network.
- An upgrade of Potts Road.
What's happened to date?
- Gawler Council has completed an extensive consultation process culminating in the determination of the preferred road alignment - Revised Eckerman Alignment. For further information regarding the determination of the alignment by the Town of Gawler, please refer to the following link: www.gawler.sa.gov.au/home
- The alignment has been chosen following identification of key strategic, traffic, environmental and social considerations, as well as economic objectives.
- DPTI has taken carriage of the project and will be responsible for communications and engagement with stakeholders, affected landowners and the broader community through to project completion.
- Following further preliminary investigations and approvals, DPTI will commence communications and engagement in early 2017.
- Further detailed planning involving geotechnical investigations and survey work will be progressed.
- It is expected that the process to select a project contractor will commence in mid-2017.
- Major construction works are expected to commence late 2017, with project completion in 2019.
GELR Concept Plan
(Click on image to view a larger version)
To view historical information that DPTI has previously released in regards to the GELR Project, please visit the 'Previous Information' page.
For more information please contact DPTI:
Phone: 1300 794 880